Today Armenia marks Citizen’s Day for the first time. According to a decision approved by the government on March 21, the holiday is celebrated the last Saturday of April which is April 27 this year. The designation of a special day honoring Armenian citizens is conditioned with the mass civil disobedience campaign and ‘velvet revolution’ in Armenia in April-May 2018.
Festive events and celebrations are planned throughout Armenia and capital Yerevan, including tree planting, games, exhibitions. public discussions, concert programmes, theatrical performances
Number of central streets in Yerevan will be closed for traffic until 24:00. Traffic from Tumanyan-Saryan, Tumanyan-Teryan, Pushkin-Saryan, Arami-Koghbatsi, Amiryanm-Saryan and Amiryan-Zakian crossroads to Mashtots Avenue will be closed.
- Armenian Finance Minister: 5.2% economic growth recorded in 2018
- Presentation of Armenian translation of 2nd President’s book
- Armenia’s Prosecutor’s Office reacts to the letter asking for ex-President Kocharyan’s release
- Ex-mayor of Turkey’s Van, who visited Armenia, is sentenced to almost 9 years in prison
- Russia’s Putin to visit Azerbaijan in late September
- Prime Minister Karen Karapetyan meets with RPA-nominated presidential candidate Armen Sargsyan
- Iran re-opens border crossing with Iraqi Kurdistan region: state media
- EU publishes text of agreement to be signed with Armenia
- Armenia President receives Russian Industry and Trade Minister
- Serzh Sargsyan said- why not, take part. Ara Abrahamyan