Armenia’s two airports saw a significant increase in passenger numbers in June 2019 against the same month of 2018. Yerevan Zvartnots International Airport and Shirak Airport in the second largest city of Gyumri handled 281 992 passengers last month, up by 12.1% from June 2018, Armenia International Airports told Panorama.am.
In June this year, passenger traffic through Zvartnots Airport accounted for 270 818 people – an increase of 15.4% over last May when flow stood at 234 737.
Shirak Airport welcomed 11, 174 passengers last month, down by 33.2% from May 2018 when passenger traffic comprised 16 738 people.
Since the beginning of the year passenger flow at the two airports of Armenia has reached 1, 320 609 people, marking a 8.7% growth from the same period last year.
Meanwhile, in January-May 2019 the total number of flights and landings in both airports also recorded a rise of 3.9% compared to the numbers of 2018.
- Armenian Finance Minister: 5.2% economic growth recorded in 2018
- Presentation of Armenian translation of 2nd President’s book
- Armenia’s Prosecutor’s Office reacts to the letter asking for ex-President Kocharyan’s release
- Ex-mayor of Turkey’s Van, who visited Armenia, is sentenced to almost 9 years in prison
- Russia’s Putin to visit Azerbaijan in late September
- Prime Minister Karen Karapetyan meets with RPA-nominated presidential candidate Armen Sargsyan
- Iran re-opens border crossing with Iraqi Kurdistan region: state media
- EU publishes text of agreement to be signed with Armenia
- Armenia President receives Russian Industry and Trade Minister
- Serzh Sargsyan said- why not, take part. Ara Abrahamyan