Armenian Defense Minster Davit Tonoyan has nominated the servicemen, who have taken punitive actions against Azerbaijan for killing Artsakh soldier Sipan Melkonyan, for awards, the ministry’s press service said.
They will be awarded for fulfilling their tasks with high quality, the ministry said.
Sipan Melkonyan, 19, was fatally wounded in Azerbaijani gunfire at one of the Artsakh military posts on 1 June.
- Supreme Judicial Council elects new chairman
- Armenian Finance Minister: 5.2% economic growth recorded in 2018
- Presentation of Armenian translation of 2nd President’s book
- Armenia’s Prosecutor’s Office reacts to the letter asking for ex-President Kocharyan’s release
- Ex-mayor of Turkey’s Van, who visited Armenia, is sentenced to almost 9 years in prison
- Russia’s Putin to visit Azerbaijan in late September
- Prime Minister Karen Karapetyan meets with RPA-nominated presidential candidate Armen Sargsyan
- Iran re-opens border crossing with Iraqi Kurdistan region: state media
- EU publishes text of agreement to be signed with Armenia
- Armenia President receives Russian Industry and Trade Minister