Armenia’s representatives won one gold and one silver medals on the last day of the Freestyle Wrestling Junior European Championship ended in Pontevedra, Spain.
Hrachya Margaryan (61 kg) won the champions’ title of the European Championship while Mher Markosyan (61 kg) became a runner-up, the National Olympic Committee reported.
In the final Hrachya Margaryan defeated Ukrainian Aleksander Yevsienko 11-0, while Mher Markosyan lost to Georgian Miriani Maisuradze 2-3 in a tense struggle.
The Armenian freestyle wrestling youth team left for the European Championship with nine wrestlers and won one gold, one silver and two bronze medals. On June 8 Arman Andreasyan (70 kg) and Arman Avagyan (79 kg) were named bronze medalists.
Harutyun Manukyan (57 kg), Gegham Galstyan (65 kg), Hrayr Alikhanyan (74 kg), Kolya Harutyunyan (97 kg) and Ashot Rushanyan (125 kg) also performed at the championship with the Armenian team.
As reported earlier, the Armenian Greco-Roman wrestling youth team also participated in the championship with nine wrestlers and won one gold, one silver and two bronze medals. Malkhas Amoyan (72 kg) was named European junior champion, Hayk Melikyan (67 kg) became a silver medalist, while Sahak Hovhannisyan (60 kg) and Hrachya Poghosyan (63 kg) won bronze medals.
- Supreme Judicial Council elects new chairman
- Armenian Finance Minister: 5.2% economic growth recorded in 2018
- Presentation of Armenian translation of 2nd President’s book
- Armenia’s Prosecutor’s Office reacts to the letter asking for ex-President Kocharyan’s release
- Ex-mayor of Turkey’s Van, who visited Armenia, is sentenced to almost 9 years in prison
- Russia’s Putin to visit Azerbaijan in late September
- Prime Minister Karen Karapetyan meets with RPA-nominated presidential candidate Armen Sargsyan
- Iran re-opens border crossing with Iraqi Kurdistan region: state media
- EU publishes text of agreement to be signed with Armenia
- Armenia President receives Russian Industry and Trade Minister