May 22, 2019 marks the 95th anniversary of the co-founder of Aznavour Foundation, legendary artist Charles Aznavour. In the eve of the great artist’s birthday, different events are being organized around the world throughout the year. Among them are exhibitions, concerts, opening of monuments, naming of public places and institutions.
Aznavour Foundation press office reports that within the framework of these activities, the Paris Municipality, in cooperation with the Aznavour Foundation, organizes the following events in the French capital on May 21st, on the eve of Aznavour’s birthday.
On May 21, at 11:15am Paris time, a memorial plaque will be inaugurated at the first Paris apartment building of the Aznavour family. The Mayor of Paris Anne Hidalgo, city authorities, prominent figures, and members of the Aznavour family will be present at the event.
The memorial plaque will be placed at the 6th district of Paris, 36 rue Monsieur-le-Prince, where the Aznavouryans originally settled and where Charles Aznavour spent his childhood.
The celebration will continue with a concert next to the Paris Municipality. It will begin at 5pm Paris time, and will be dedicated to the birthday of Charles Aznavour. The concert will feature André Manoukian, Joana Mendil, Essaï Altounian, Eric Berchot and other musicians, the source said.
- Traces of Armenian cultural heritage vanished in Bingyol
- Supreme Judicial Council elects new chairman
- Armenian Finance Minister: 5.2% economic growth recorded in 2018
- Presentation of Armenian translation of 2nd President’s book
- Armenia’s Prosecutor’s Office reacts to the letter asking for ex-President Kocharyan’s release
- Ex-mayor of Turkey’s Van, who visited Armenia, is sentenced to almost 9 years in prison
- Russia’s Putin to visit Azerbaijan in late September
- Prime Minister Karen Karapetyan meets with RPA-nominated presidential candidate Armen Sargsyan
- Iran re-opens border crossing with Iraqi Kurdistan region: state media
- EU publishes text of agreement to be signed with Armenia