The Armenian National Assembly on Tuesday adopted in the second and final reading a bill on providing compensation to the victims of the March 1-2, 2008 post-election events in capital Yerevan.
A total of 104 lawmakers voted in favor of the bill drafted by Deputy Speakers Alen Simonyan and Lena Nazaryan.
The new measure proposes to render help to the successors of those citizens who died in the post-election clashes, as well as those who suffered serious or moderate injuries during the events.
The government is set to decide on the type of assistance to be provided to the affected citizens.
- Supreme Judicial Council elects new chairman
- Armenian Finance Minister: 5.2% economic growth recorded in 2018
- Presentation of Armenian translation of 2nd President’s book
- Armenia’s Prosecutor’s Office reacts to the letter asking for ex-President Kocharyan’s release
- Ex-mayor of Turkey’s Van, who visited Armenia, is sentenced to almost 9 years in prison
- Russia’s Putin to visit Azerbaijan in late September
- Prime Minister Karen Karapetyan meets with RPA-nominated presidential candidate Armen Sargsyan
- Iran re-opens border crossing with Iraqi Kurdistan region: state media
- EU publishes text of agreement to be signed with Armenia
- Armenia President receives Russian Industry and Trade Minister