The Opera and Ballet Theater in Yerevan is hosting an evening concert dedicated to the 150th birthday anniversary of renowned Armenian writer Hovhannes Tumanyan.
The event titled “Tumanyan in Opera Art” is scheduled to be held on Wednesday, 15 May, at the Opera Theater’s Special Events Hall.
The concert program features excerpts from three operas: Anoush by Armen Tigranian, Аlmast by Alexander Spendiaryan and Gikor by Stepan Jrbashyan, the Opera Theater said.
Narine Ananikyan (mezzo-soprano), Sofya Sayadyan (soprano), Perch Karazyan (tenor), Hovhannes Andreasyan (tenor), Georgy Arakelov (baritone), Gevorg Maghakyan (baritone) and Poghos Beazbekyan (bass) are set to perform during the concert.
Events honoring the great poet kicked off on 19 February, the 150th birth anniversary of Hovhannes Tumanyan, and will continue throughout the year.
- Armenian Finance Minister: 5.2% economic growth recorded in 2018
- Presentation of Armenian translation of 2nd President’s book
- Armenia’s Prosecutor’s Office reacts to the letter asking for ex-President Kocharyan’s release
- Ex-mayor of Turkey’s Van, who visited Armenia, is sentenced to almost 9 years in prison
- Russia’s Putin to visit Azerbaijan in late September
- Prime Minister Karen Karapetyan meets with RPA-nominated presidential candidate Armen Sargsyan
- Iran re-opens border crossing with Iraqi Kurdistan region: state media
- EU publishes text of agreement to be signed with Armenia
- Armenia President receives Russian Industry and Trade Minister
- Serzh Sargsyan said- why not, take part. Ara Abrahamyan